Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?
Basic Weight Loss Surgery Qualifications
- Be between the ages of 18 and 65 years old.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40+, or a BMI between 35 – 40 with two co-morbidities, such as type II diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, acid reflux, infertility, and joint related problems.
- Have attempted to lose weight by other non-surgical methods unsuccessfully.
- Be highly motivated for a new lifestyle and nutritional change..
- Understand what bariatric surgery is, and what it can and can’t accomplish.
- Being honest with yourself and have realistic expectations and positive mindset for surgical weight loss.
Additional factors do exist which will be determined during your initial consultation to evaluate if you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery.Our award winning surgeons can help you determine what bariatric procedure would best fit you. Schedule your appointment today.