After Lap Band Surgery
Lap-Band guide after surgery with sample bariatric friendly menu items.
The Hunger Scale
1. Your stomach acid is churning, and you feel very weak.
2. You feel uncomfortable and irritable.
3. Your stomach is growling and you are hungry.
4. You feel a little hungry and uncomfortable.
5. Satisfied and comfortable, but you could eat a little more.
6. Satisfied and comfortable.
8. Bloated and full.
9. Uncomfortably full.
10. Stuffed. You are so full, you feel sick.
- Eat 2 to 3 meals per day. No snacking.
- Take 1-2 bites, wait 10 minutes before you take your next bite.
- Choose bulky food that will leave you full and satisfied longer.
- DO NOT drink your calories: Only water, crystal light, or sugar-free drinks. Stay away from soda.
- Wait 45 minutes after you take the last bite of your meal before you drink any liquids.